H.A.R., the Hellenic Association of Realtors® and real estate brokers is non-profit organization. It was founded in 1999. The main objective of the Association’s establishment was creation of a National Network, comprised of Greek Real Estate Agents that have been chosen based on strict criteria set by the members of the Association themselves.
Today, HAR (Hellenic Association of REALTORS®) is the only Greek network of Real Estate Agencies in the country that is defined by its professional approach and dynamics. It consists of 95 Real Estate Agencies, located all around Greece.
The main purpose of the existence and development of the Association is to create a National Network of Real Estate Agents with strict entry criteria designated by the members themselves and the training of members of the Association for their recognition as Certified Real Estate Agents worldwide.
HAR greatest achievement is its partnership with largest Real Estate Associations/Organizations all over the world.
- HAR represents Greece in the European Association of Real Estate Professions CEPI – CEI (Full Member, Budapest, January 1999 & Brussels March 2015)
- HAR represents the National Association of REALTORS® in the United States, NAR (Memorandum of Cooperation San Francisco, November 2000).
- HAR is a one of the founding member of the International Consortium of Real Estate Associations, ICREA, the world’s leading Real Estate Association, with 2.000.000 members from 32 National Associations (March 2001).
HAR members have International Certifications such as:
- CIPS, Certified International Property Specialist certification, NAR.
- TRC, Transnational Referral Certification, ICREA.
- RSPS, Resort and Second-Home Specialist certification, NAR.
- BPOR, Broker Price Opinion Resource certification, NAR
- ABR®, Accredited Buyer’s Representative Designation, NAR
- PSA, Pricing Strategy Advisor, NAR
- SPV, Senior Professional Valuer, STAREGISTER
- AP, Associate Valuer, STAREGISTER
- IPC, Asset Management Professionals, STAREGISTER
- PREV, Real Estate/Market Valuations, STAREGISTER
The main purpose of the existence and development of the Association is to create a national network of Real Estate Agents with strict entry criteria designated by the members themselves and the training of members of the Association for their recognition as Certified Estate Advisors.
Today H.A.R. is the only nationwide network of real estate agents in the country with a dynamic and professional approach. It consists of approximately 110 Real Estate Agencies which are located in major cities of Greece and continues providing, developing strong professional ties with its members, but also with members of the international community by investing in openness and in professional ethics.
Code of Ethics
The professional code of ethics of HAR was produced after six months of detailed research staffed by some of the Association’s founding members Savvas Savaidis, Thomas Stefanou, Nikos Maltos and Takis Alambasinis. The HAR Code of Ethics was presented at a HAR meeting on 26th March 2000 and approved unanimously by the plenary session of the members of the Association at the General assembly of the SEK in Athens on 4th June 2000.
HAR is following NAR Code Of Ethics from November 2000.